In this session we will learn to create github account , push our application on github and learn to develop apk file using Phonegap build .
- For creating your Github account follow the steps given below :
- First download and install the Git Bash setup and Xampp server in your machine .
- Open up the web-browser and enter the following url : www.github.com
- You will get the following window :
- So now enter a username ,your email id and password in the respective tabs and click on the Sign up for GitHub button .
- After you click on the signup button following window is displayed:
- Now click on the “+” icon on the right hand side as indicated by the red arrow and then click on the “ New repository ” as indicated by the blue arrow .
- After clicking on the New repository you will be navigated to the next window ,specify a Repository name ,select a public radio button and click on the Create repository button as shown in the image below :
- So after clicking on the Create repository button you have the following window :
- Go to Xampp -> htdocs folder .
- In htdocs create a new folder say test_app .
- Now in test_app folder create a text document say index.html .
- So in test folder you will have the index.html file as shown in the Image.
- Now open your index.html file with any editor for example Notepad++ and write your application code in it :
- Save your file .
- Now go to your start menu-> GitBash-> right click on it -> Send To -> Desktop (create a shortcut) of GitBash on Desktop as shown below :
- So now you will have a GitBash icon on your desktop .
- Now Right Click on the GitBash icon on the desktop and go to properties and in the Start in edit box set the path as : c:xampphtdocs as shown in the image.
- Now Click on Apply and then click the OK button .
- Now start the GitBash application from the desktop and you will have the following screen :
- Now insert the command as given below in the gitbash command prompt window..
- Thus after inserting the commands you will have the following view of your gitbash command prompt window :
- After you get this , insert further commands in the same command prompt window as given below :
- After inserting this command your gitbash command prompt window will have the following look , check whether ur username and email you entered has been generated in the list :
- After this insert the following commands :
- You will have the following window :
- Now go to your github account where you had created the test_app repository and copy the add origin command and push command and paste it in the gitbash command prompt respectively.
- So after adding the commands you will be asked for your github username and password ,so you will have the following window :
- Hence now the push operation is complete, so now we are ready to build our application i.e the apk file .
- Now go to www.build.phonegap.com and click on Sign in tab present at the right.
- After clicking on the Sign in button you will get the next page where you have to click on the Sign in with GitHub button as shown by the arrow head ..
- After that you will be navigated to the next page where you have to click on the new app button as shown by the red arrow head.
- After clicking on the new app button ,you will get the following window where you have to select the open-source tab and click on the dropdown pointer and select your app as shown in the image
- When you select your app the fetching process will start as shown in the image :
- After the fetching is complete you will get the following window :
- Now click on the Ready to Build button as shown by the red arrow in the above image and you will get the following screen :
- Click on the android icon and you will have the following window popping up to save the apk file.
- Now save your apk file and insert it in your android mobile phone and install it ,you will have the application running on your mobile phone .
- Thus we have learn to develop apk file using Phonegap Build .
cd test_app(that is your folder name)
git config --global user.name “username of your github account”
git config --global user.email “email of your github account”
git config --list
git add .
git commit –am ‘initial commit’