Lean Six Sigma is a process that provides information about the core principles of Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma. It is an organized approach that aims at improving the overall performance and relies on a collective team effort to meet desired goals. The Lean Six Sigma certification training course is suitable for those who want to build a career in quality management. The certification course has three levels-
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt holder or professional has a thorough understanding of DMAIC, an acronym for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control. It is a quality strategy that helps improve processes and ensure project quality with Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma.
A green belt professional can work as a dynamic leader and bring organizational changes by analyzing and addressing quality problems and creating a high-performance team.
What is the need for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification training?
In today’s cutthroat competitive world, the quality of products and services is a crucial factor determining business growth. Therefore, a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training can help improve the quality in industries dealing with process management and manufacturing. Here are some benefits of this training course.
- Strategic Benefits
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified professionals are capable of handling and managing projects with a strategic oriented approach. Companies that comprise Green Belt certified experts could benefit themselves as they can solve any organizational dispute or matter with utter professionalism. The certified professional can handle complicated issues in a short timeframe. Additionally, they can also find the root cause of the problem and prevent chances of reoccurrence.
- Personal and professional development
A green belt certification not only helps individuals in terms of having a great professional life but also enable them to have a good personal life. This course can aim to provide both personal and professional benefits. It improves the personality of an individual and allows him to be confident on both on-field and off-field.
- Customer benefits
A certified green belt professional ensures the better quality of products and services, which eventually leads to customer loyalty. At present, many clients search for companies that are using the Six Sigma methodology. The green belt experts increase organizations’ reliability and persuade new consumers by promising them better quality services and products as per their expectations.
- Financial Benefits
The Six Sigma Green Belt certification give individuals the confidence to finish projects effectively and reduce operational costs of the company. Further, these professionals get decent bonuses and salaries after the successful completion of projects.
- Competitive benefits
Green belt professionals can apply Six Sigma methodologies in advertising or sales pitching for their businesses or start-ups. This certification course prepares individuals to keep their businesses or the organization for which they work ahead of their competitors. Further, it develops the ability of correct decision making.
- Acquire credibility and shareholders’ trust
In terms of an organization, customers and shareholders trust a company whose employees are well qualified. If more employees are Six Sigma certified, it indicates that their priority is product quality. A company whose product quality is good builds confidence among partners and investors.
- Career opportunities
After getting Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, individuals can work as
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Process Development Engineer
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Operational System Specialist
- Reliability Engineer
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Data Scientist
- Project Manager
- Business Process Analyst
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Director, Performance Excellence
What are the steps to getting Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification?
The certification steps are as follows.
- Get trained
Candidates need to enrol for the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training program offered by an accredited training organization (ATO). The program’s duration is 24 hours.
- Appear for the green belt exam
After getting trained, individuals need to appear for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt examination and get a minimum of 70% to pass the test. The exam duration is 3 hours.
- Get the certificate
Test takers can download the green belt certificate after the result declaration.
What are the prerequisites for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training course?
As such, there are no prerequisites for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training course. However, prior knowledge about Six Sigma methodologies is recommended.
Who can attend the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training program?
The following professionals can attend the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) Certification training program.
- IT Analysts
- CEO, CTO, CFO
- HR Managers
- Change Managers
- Team Managers
- Finance Managers
What will candidates learn through the LSSGB Certification program?
The program will help candidates to learn the following things.
- Error identification and prevention- Learn how to identify errors and prevent them for product improvement.
- Efficient production- Understand how to scale production to fulfil customer demands and cut down the competition.
- Problem evaluation- Learn how to analyze problems quantitively and statistically to maintain workflow.
- Customer satisfaction- Know how to build customer loyalty with improved high-end products.
- Save money- Reduce production costs by decreasing waste and variability.
- Process understanding- Develop grip on process comprehension to achieve business objectives.
What skills will the LSSGB training course develop?
The training course promises to develop various skills such as,
- Analytical skills
- Statistical skills
- Mentoring skills
- Process capability
- Leadership skills
- Intrapersonal skills
- Process improvement
- Change management
- Problem-solving skills
- Basic process understanding
- Financial management skills
What is the curriculum of LSSGB certification training?
The syllabus of the LSSGB certification training includes 12 modules.
- Six Sigma Basics
- Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Selecting Lean Six Sigma Projects
- The Lean Enterprise
- Process definition
- Six Sigma Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Process Capability
- Lean Control
- Six Sigma Control Plans
- Analyze Phase
- Improve Phase
How to ace the LSSGB certification exam?
Here are some tips that can help candidates to pass the LSSGB certification exam with a decent percentage.
- Practice questions- Candidates should practice question papers to understand the type and level of problems asked in the exam.
- Use Six Sigma Study guide- It is important to refer to the Six Sigma Study Guide to understand concepts properly. The guide possesses streamlined content, practice questions and examples for better comprehension.
- Take an online course- A Six Sigma Green Belt online training course can provide much knowledge and skills required to crack the exam.