Mobile phones are revolutionary devices that have entered our lives and changed it forever. In the recent decade, we have evolved in terms of digital media, and now the majority of the population has a digital footprint. The perks are that now online marketing is the best way to promote any business. Online marketing is a boon for all local businesses as it is cost-effective compared to the older methods.
Digital marketing can be a trump card for promoting your business if you play things right. There are many aspects to it, one aspect revolves around ad revenue mobile apps. Mobile ads might sound like a buzz word but it really is a simple tool to help your idea/product grow digitally.
Mobile Ads- A Mighty Weapon!
Considering how frequently a person uses a phone in the entire day, you need to understand how powerful this source is.
First, let us understand what is it exactly-
In comparison to other available technology, everyone these days has landed themselves a phone. For a successful marketing campaign, it is important to focus the audience using a cell phone.
These advertisements include ads appearing on devices like tablets & smartphones. The ads can occur in the form of text-based ads, or banner advertisements, it even includes videos and mobile games. Each ad is designed to fit the screen size as the mobile ads have size restrictions.
Any successful mobile ad campaign requires a good amount of data from various consumer profiles, demographics, habits, preferences, and more. This is where mobile ads simplify things and eliminate the physical need for reaching the market.
Check Out These Impressive Numbers…
- Research shows that in 2019, the worldwide expenditure on mobile advertising amounted to $189 Billion.
- Studies even state that the sum is expected to outgrow $240 Billion by 2022.
- It has been observed that nearly 95% of people in the US own a mobile phone.
- On average a person spends over 3.5 hours per day on their mobile devices.
- Approximately 51% of online purchase has been completed with a smartphone.
- By 2021, mobile commerce sales will account for more than half of all eCommerce.
Benefits Of Mobile Advertisements!
- Mobile phones provide great accessibility as you get to promote my social media, pop-ups, push notifications, messages, etc. It even ensures that your advertisements get delivered instantly.
- Since cell phones are handy devices, people carry during travel and one can make location-based, geo-targeted advertisements. With the help of location-based ads, you get to know what the users prefer.
- Consumer habits and behavior patterns can be understood with the help of unique IDs present on mobile phones. These ids help to study the user both online & offline.
- As mentioned above, ads on mobile are very cost-effective and help you reach a larger audience easily.
- For making the users connect you can make these advertisements tailored to the mobile user’s preference.
- Creativity in mobile ads is what draws a lot of users, and this can be imparted with the help of social media channels, websites, and apps.
- In comparison to webpage or desktop advertising, mobile devices can detect fraud easily.
- It gives you higher conversion rates when compared to tablets or desktops.
- Here things are more interactive as users tend to take part in ads in the form of contests, games, etc.
Mobile Ads Pricing Models
While setting up your business I am sure you have heard terms like PPC or CPI or CR. At first, these jargons can seem like a lot especially when you don’t know how they work.
So here is a simple meaning of what they are and a short explanation of how they work:
Pay-per-click is one of the common models of internet marketing. Here advertisers, in this case, you- pay a fee each time one of your ads gets clicked. In simple words, you purchase visits to your site rather than users visiting your site organically. The most popular method is to advertise via search engines, where you get to specify the keywords which draw users to the ad. This happens after you bid on that keyword which is related to what the user searches online.
Suppose you have a mobile application that you want users to download. You create an advertisement to promote the application on various platforms. Now when the user views the ad and downloads it, you pay money for that download. This is what cost-per-install is all about where an advertiser is only charged only when a click on their ads results in an application installation.
Cost-per-action does not limit to the installations on each advertisement but is charged for a specific action. These actions are what users take inside an application and include the in-app sale, sign up, subscription, form submit, etc.
Cost-per-view determines video ad campaigns provided by mobile ad networks to business owners or advertisers. You will be charged the second your video ad is viewed, and since the audience prefers visual content this can be a game-changer over time.
Click-through-rate determines the number of clicks made by users to the impression of your mobile advertising campaign. You can calculate it by dividing the number of clicks on a mobile advertising campaign, with the overall impressions the end result is in percentage.
Cost-per-mile is one of the oldest and common ways of hosting marketing campaigns through mobile advertisements. This determines the cost of 1000 impressions on a particular ad and is the most basic way for paying for the reach.
Conversion rate determines the percentage of the audience who completed the desired action after clicking on an ad. The action can be either a sale purchase or an application download.
Install rate measures the number of users who download and install an app after clicking on an ad. It is calculated by dividing the number of installs by the number of clicks on an ad received.
Major Networks For Mobile Ads
1. Google Ads
Google Ads is one of the most used platforms to help promote a business and it provides text, image, video-based ads. An average cost-per-click here will cost you $1 to $2 for the Google Search Network and less than $1 for the Google Display Network.
2. Facebook/Instagram Ads
Since mobile users use social media platforms it can be an amazing way to help you host your ads. Here you can create native ads, banner ads, in-stream video ads, rewarded ads, and more. For Facebook, an average click will cost you $0.97 and $7.19 per 1000 impressions. And for Instagram, a click will cost $0.20 to $2 per click and $6.70 per 1000 impressions for Instagram ads.
3. Bing Ads
Bing is another popular way to promote your product through digital marketing, and here you will pay 70% less than Google. You have more control over the scheduling of the ad campaign, language, location, etc. The cost per click on Bing across all industries is $1.54, and the average conversion rate is 2.94%.
Airpush is the second-largest platform available for mobile advertisement. Their software development kit for Google Play includes a pay per install ad type where one can earn about USD 0.02 per new install.
Digital marketing is the future to promote all businesses and for you to stay on top, mobile ads are the way. It not only gives you data regarding each demographic but also is extremely cost-effective. With mobile ads, one can see significant growth in their business provided each tool is used efficiently.