The CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association) is the key holder of CompTIA securities and Certifications. This association provides certifications to IT professionals who complete their certificated course. Moreover, this vendor-neutral professional certification is authorized in over 120 countries, which shows its popularity worldwide. Currently CompTIA certifications use to offer four main levels, or series, and in these four levels there is further certification, which will be described as follows:
These certifications are quite helpful in taking your IT career to the next level. The Basic and Master categories each have a single certification, while CompTIA’s Professional series is a combination of nine further globally recognized certifications. And there are four certifications in the Specialty category too!
CompTIA Security Basic Certification
CompTIA IT Fundamentals:
- It basically consists of fundamentals of IT concepts, basic IT literacy, terminology and concepts of the IT industry as a start. It’s an ideal course for beginners to learn basics as a start, and along with all these features the CompTIA also covers:
- Risk mitigation activities; which provides infrastructure, application and operational.
- Information securities as well as familiarity with technology topics, such as hardware basics, software installation, security risks and prevention, and basic networking.
CompTIA Professional Certifications:
This set includes a total of 9 professional certifications and each certification includes many skills in each level. In addition to Cloud+ securities, Linux+ compatibilities, Networking+ parameters, it also includes learning concepts such as:
- Applying security controls to maintain confidentiality, availability;
- Identify appropriate technologies and products;
- Troubleshoot security events and incidents;
- Operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
Let’s now have a look at each level in the prescribed manner.
A+ : A+ certification represents an entry-level competency which are the basics for Computer Technician, but it includes much more than just PC repair. It covers everything including:
- A better preparation to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to distinguish and verify wide variety of issues in networking and operating systems for mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the usability, and the ability to connect users to the data they need, regardless of the devices being used.
Cloud+ : This certification is beneficial for those who want to learn more than just cloud as it includes both cloud computing and virtualization.
- It helps in identifying cloud based diversities and enrich knowledge about actions required for data center jobs.
- Create and maintain Cloud based infrastructure.
CySA+ also known as Cyber Security Analyst: This is the most demanding and crucial for cyber crime detection and protection; this certification covers the ethics with regards to cyber-threat detection tools and analysis to identify vulnerabilities and risks.
- CySA+ is the most up-to-date security related analysis that used to cover all kinds of vulnerabilities and advanced threats.
- Perform and data analysis to conduct the results and identify threats, vulnerabilities and risks to a system.
Use and configure tools for threat-detection.
- Secure and make protections for the system and applications in an organization.
Linux+ : This is the top certification for junior level IT professionals to cover Linux operating systems, from beginning to end as it includes installation and the basics of the application. With this certification students can master in following terms easily:
- System configuration and management.
- Command line interface application.
- Scripting basics
- Network settings and services in detail.
- System security and vulnerability.
Network+ : It’s an entry-level or we can say good for starters certification and is used to measure the skills of a network technician with facilitating students in network design, manage and configure troubleshoots any wired or wireless device professionally. It also covers few more unparalleled skills as:
- Configure, maintain and manage essential network devices.
- It enables users to use devices for networking as routers, hubs, switches, which uses to segment traffic.
- Establish network security standards and protocols.
PenTest+ : It’s the intermediate level standard format for penetration testing to manage and defend against unwanted penetrations and disturbances. Its main objectives are mentioned as below:
- Secure network against outer attacks.
- Make a customized assessment for framework to collaborate and establish a report on entire scenario.
- Improve and maintain the network security.
Security+ : This certification can be considered as a benchmark for network practice and security. Security+ has a renowned name among IT professionals and here are plenty of the reasons behind its fame.
- Security+ emphasize more on practical skills than theoretical work, it’s all because it is more like to better prepared for problem solving a wider variety of issues.
- It provides detail practice of risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
Project+ : This is more like a group activity and involves project completion, project management, business practices and so on. It is specifically designed for working professionals, who need to delve into less complex projects as part of their other job duties. It covers:
- Project cycle.
- Project communication.
- Manage resources for the project and stakeholders too.
- Prepare and maintain project related documentations.
Server+: The Server+ has a very clear focus, that is server-specific either hardware or operating system in IT department, disaster recovery and so on.
Master Level Certification:
Master level certification also known as (CASP) Advanced Security Practitioner certification validates the critical thinking and judgment in the security discipline in complex environments. It’s an advanced level of cyber security certification for practitioners. It includes hands-on and performance based certifications, requiring these professionals to figure out the implementation of solutions.
Now what are the main concepts and areas a CASP covers. Let’s have a look at all in detail.
- Figuring out operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements.
- Risk analysis, anticipating cyber defense, etc,.
- It includes the implementation of cryptographic technologies, for example, blockchain, cryptocurrency, etc,.
Also known as Certified Technical Trainer CTT+, this is a vendor-neutral certification applicable to all levels of training professionals in all industries. It enables users with the knowledge and tools necessary in the present learning environment.
It has numerous specifications as this certification is designed for exceptional skill set in a field, with effective communication. The few highlights of this certification are:
- Teaching with effective methods and Up-to-date knowledge of tools and techniques. This builds up the confidence and CTT+ ensures that each trainee can gain effective teaching skills.
- It also conducts a survey to check modality, which is the reason that most leading IT organizations trust CTT+ as Microsoft, Dell, IBM, etc.
These certifications and technical education not only enriches users with knowledge, but also bestow them with professional level ethics. Conclusively, it opens numerous professional opportunities for students, e.g CompTIA operation specialist, Cloud admin, Linux networking administrator, Cybersecurity professional, Analytics experts and so on.