In this tutorial today we will learn the step by step process for the installation of Yii farmework .
- So follow the steps given below to get your Yii framework installed successfully on your machine :
- First of all install any text editor for PHP .
- So lets’s install netbeans which we will use as an text editor.
- For installing netbeans go to the following url https://netbeans.org
- So you will get the following window :
- Now click on the download button and you will be redirected to page as shown below :
- Now download the PHP and HTML version of netbeans as shown in the above image by the red arrows .
- Also install the jdk from oracle.com .
- Now visit the following URL to download Yii Framework yiiframework.com.
- So when you visit this site you will have the following layout :
- Click on the framework as shown in the above image
- Now the following page will appear as shown below:
- Click on the .zip file as shown in the above image and save it .
- Also download the xampp server and get it installed .
- Now the zip file which we have downloaded for yii framework consists of the following contents :
- From the above file list copy the folder name framework and then paste it in the XAMPP folder
- Now open the file xamppphpphp.ini as can be seen below:
- Now in the file php.ini find the XDebug as shown below:
- Edit the code and replace it with following path as shown above as follows :
- Now open the command prompt as shown below:
- Now swap the location to your XAMPP folder location:
- Now go to the folder framework through command prompt as shown below:
- Now go into the htdocs folder located in xampp folder and create a folder name demoyii.
- Now open the file name yiic.bat from the location xamppframework as shown below :
- Open the yiic.bat file which can be viewed as follows :
- Now edit the above line as shown :
- Now we have configured our php with Yii framework. So now we can run our command through command prompt which we left in step 18
- Now to run our application through yii the following is the syntax:
yiic webapp and then the location of the folder where you want to create the app
- It will automatically create MVC for the user as shown below:
- Now start your XAMMP server and then go to the url localhost/demoyii
- The following web page will be displayed :
- Thus with the help of Yii framework we can automatically create the layout of our web app.
- Thus we have successfully studied installation of Yii Framework.
For example :
yiic webapp E:xampphtdocsdemoyii