Today we will be learning about a new framework, Laravel, which is useful in developing PHP applications in a very easy way. Since we have studied CodeIgniter in previous sessions, it will be very easy for us to understand Laravel in no time. So let us understand its use and installation in this Installing Laravel for PHP tutorial.
- Something about Laravel:
- Laravel is a free, open source web application framework.
- It is designed for the development of model-view-controller (MVC) web applications.
- To install Laravel you need to install a Composer first and then the Laravel framework.
- Laravel utilizes Composer to manage its dependencies.
- Composer is a tool for dependency management in PHP.
- It allows us to declare the dependent libraries our project needs and then downloads and installs them in our project for us.
- Let us follow the installation step by step:
- Download the composer for laravel from https://getcomposer.org/Composer-Setup.exe.
- Now install the downloaded composer setup by double clicking on it.
- It will ask you to browse the path of php.exe file in your computer. Provide php.exe file path and click next.
- Then click on the Install button to start the composer installation.
- After installation, it will ask you to open a new command window and write composer in it. So read the information carefully and click on Finish button.
- Now open a new command prompt, write composer in it and press enter, all the composer information will be displayed in it.
- Now once the composer has been installed, it’s time to install the laravel framework.
- Download the 4.2 version zip file of laravel from .
- Now extract its contents into a directory on your server.
- Now it is ready for your work.
Thus we learned installation of laravel on windows in this Installing Laravel for PHP tutorial.