- Fast development: Like app performance, development speed is also important because if you have to spend too much time in building a product, you will lose money because time is money. So you have to make sure that the development of your application finishes quickly. If you can build apps quickly, you can sell more apps to your clients in less time, which means you’ll earn more profits as a result. And if you’re building a product for general users, you can achieve early success if you can get it ready early. Node.js speeds up your development process. You can complete your project very fast with this technology. Node Package Manager (NPM) provides a large number of modules that make your programming work easier and save you a lot of time. The modules are actually libraries and frameworks such as Express, socketjs, moment, connect, forever, mongodb, hapi, and so on.
- Not good for heavy, server-side computation: Although Node.js is an amazing technology for building high-performance, scalable applications, it’s not good for heavy, server-side computation. So if you need to perform a lot of server-side computation, it wouldn’t be a good idea to choose Node.js. Rather, you should select other server-side technologies.
- It’s difficult to use Node.js with a relational database: So if you want to work with a relational database, again Node.js wouldn’t be a good choice. If you’re interested in working with a relational database, choose other technologies such as Django and Ruby on Rails.
A quick summary
So we have learned the following things from this article:
2. MEAN stack comprises MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js.
3. Node.js lets you build high-performance, scalable applications.
4. NPM provides you with packaged modules such as libraries, frameworks, and tools that speed up the development process.
5. Node.js is not good for heavy, server-side computation.
6. Using Node.js is not easy with a relational database.